NFPA has published the latest statistics on major fire causes. The statistics are based on fires reported to local fire departments and include trend data that indicate the evolution of the problem.
- Home fires started by playing
- Electrical failures in home fires
- Home candle fires
- Home cooking fires
- Home fires involving electrical distribution or lighting equipment
- Home heating fires
- Intentional home structure fires
- Home fires started by smoking materials
The above fact sheets contain links to the complete statistical reports from which the data comes from.