The dangers of lightweight construction when exposed to fire are documented in several studies. An NFPA Journal® cover story highlights UL studies on lightweight construction and the threat it poses to firefighters. The new issue of NFPA's Fire Sprinkler Initiative newsletter takes a closer look at lightweight construction and the relationship between fire and engineered wood construction assemblies.
Also in this issue:
- Manufactured housing committee considers fire sprinklers
- Fire Marshal Tony Apfelbeck talks about financial incentives for sprinkler installations
- Getting homebuilders on board with fire sprinklers
- Ten tips for communicating with legislators
- NFPA 13D: Update on sloped ceilings
Subscribe today to automatically receive our monthly Fire Sprinkler Initiative newsletter. It's free, informative, and will keep you up to date on anti-sprinkler legislation, our advocacy efforts, and other sprinkler-related news.